Have you ever wanted to open a savings account but got turned off by the bank’s several documentary requirements, high maintaining balance, and miscellaneous fees? All of us just want a secure place to save our money, but there are several barriers to regular banking that discourage us from pushing through. That’s where Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings comes in, transforming banking services to be more effortless and accessible.
Micro Savings is Cebuana Lhuiller’s answer to the need for easier and hassle-free banking so that more Filipinos can avail of the benefits of saving up their money. Opening a savings account doesn’t have to be a tedious and difficult process. Read on below to know more Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings, its benefits, and the few easy steps to open your own Micro Savings account.
What is Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings?
Cebuana Lhuillier Micro Savings is a deposit service from the Cebuana Lhuiller Bank, serving as an affordable and accessible alternative to regular banking. A Micro Savings account is similar to a regular savings account but with a much easier application and transaction process, low minimum initial deposit, and no maintaining balance.
Cebuana Lhuillier Micro Savings is also an interest-bearing savings account, with a considerable 0.3% interest rate per annum, so you can save and grow your money at the same time. With the goal of encouraging the unbanked Filipino population to start setting up a savings account, Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings offers many advantages to enable the Filipino to overcome the barriers of regular banking.
You may also want to read: GCash Invest Money: Start Investing w/ Just P50
Why choose Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings?
Few documentary requirements. Most banks require several documents before you can open a savings account, like 2 valid IDs, your TIN, and proof of billing. With Micro Savings, you only need to bring 1 valid ID to open an account.
Low minimum initial deposit and no maintaining balance. For as low as P50, you can already set up your own savings account. There is also no maintaining balance you need to achieve to retain your account.
No miscellaneous fees. Compared to savings accounts with other banks, there are no dormancy charges to be wary of with Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings. Deposit and withdrawal fees are also waived so that you don’t have to worry about frequently accessing your savings.
Easy access in thousands of Cebuana Lhuiller branches nationwide. With a 2,500-plus-strong network of Cebuana Lhuiller infrastructures nationwide, you can easily transact and access your money through its branches any time you want. Cebuana’s network is almost twice as large as that of leading banks, guaranteeing easy access to your hard-earned savings.
Who can open a Micro Savings account?
Any Filipino citizen can open a Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings account. Customers as young as 7 years old are qualified for a Micro Savings account, which will be considered as a “Kids Savings” or “Junior Savings” account. There are minimal documents required in opening a Micro Savings account, making the application process much more accessible and hassle-free.
Cebuana Lhuillier Micro Savings is truly targeted towards the small savings of unbanked and underserved Filipinos. As such, the Micro Savings account has a maximum account balance of P50,000. If you need a savings account for a larger amount of money, there are other banking options that have no maximum balance and a sizeable interest rate per annum.
Related Article: Cebuana Lhuillier Pera Padala Rates 2020
How to open a Micro Savings account
- One (1) valid government-issued ID
- UMID (SSS and GSIS) (Read: How To Get SSS ID Number Online)
- Passport (Read: How To Apply For a Philippine Passport)
- Driver’s License
- PhilHealth ID
- PRC ID
- Pag-IBIG ID
- Postal ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- New TIN ID (Read: How to Apply for a TIN Number Online)
- NBI Clearance (Read: How to Apply for an NBI Clearance Online)
- Police Clearance
- Firearm License
- Seaman’s Book
- OFW ID/ OWWA ID
- Barangay Certificate (with picture and signature)
- Birth Certificate (applicable to minors only)
- School ID (applicable only if the student is enrolled)
- A P50 minimum initial deposit
- Cebuana Lhuillier 24K Card/ P100 card fee (for non-24K Card holders)
Application Procedure: 4 Easy Steps
- Visit the nearest Cebuana Lhuiller Pawnshop branch. Approach the customer personnel and tell them you want to apply for the Micro Savings program.
- Fill out the provided Client Customer Information Sheet.
- Submit the accomplished information sheet along with the requirements: one (1) valid ID, a P50 minimum initial deposit, and a P100 card fee for non-24K Card holders.
- If all is well, you will have your photo taken and will be issued your Cebuana Lhuillier 24K Card. You can now start depositing into your Micro Savings account.
The Cebuana Lhuiller Micro Savings program is one of the most affordable and accessible banking alternatives available out there. With just a P50 minimum initial deposit and a few requirements, Cebuana Lhuillier Micro Savings empowers every unbanked Filipino to open a savings account and start saving up their money for the future.