Whether you’re seeking a job or taking a civil service exam, police clearance is requested as one of the requirements to prove that you don’t have a criminal record. You can also use it to register a firearm or acquire other documents from the government. So if you’re wondering how to get police clearance, keep on reading.
What are the requirements to get a Police Clearance?
The police clearance is only valid for 6 months, and you need to present 2 valid IDs and pay a P150.00 fee. However, if you only have 1 valid ID, bring your Certified True Copy of Birth Certificate with the original official receipt.
You may want to read:
How to Get a Barangay Clearance in the Philippines
How to Apply for an NBI Clearance Online
List of valid IDs:
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Birth Certificate
- GSIS UMID
- IBP ID
- LTO Driver’s License
- OFW ID
- PNP ID
- PRC License
- Philhealth ID
- Postal ID
- SSS ID/SSS UMID
- School ID with Registration Form
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- TIN ID
- Voter’s ID
- National ID
How to get a Police Clearance?
To get a police clearance, follow the steps below.
- Go to pnpclearance.ph to register
For first-time applicants, you should register with the National Police clearance website.
- To do so, click Register on the home page.
- Change the language based on your preference.
- Read all the reminders, check the boxes to ensure you have understood the conditions, and click Agree.
- Log in and complete your account profile
Afterward, you have to fill out the New Applicant Registration form to create an account.
Also, make sure to provide a valid and active email address as you’ll use it to log in to your account.
- Once you’re in, click Edit Profile.
- Fill out all the necessary information.
- Check the boxes “Please check if you are a PWD” and “Please check if you are a First Time Job Seeker (RA 11261 – First Time Job Seeker Assistance Act)” if applicable.
- Double-check the information you have provided and click Save Profile.
- Click Clearance Application
Once you’ve completed your profile, click Clearance Application so you can proceed with booking an appointment.
- Set an Appointment at your preferred station
- On the appointment page, choose your Purpose and Select Police Station on the provided options for the location.
- Select a date and choose whether to book an AM or PM appointment and click Next.
- Pay using a preferred payment method
The fee of getting a police clearance is P150.00 and comes with varying transaction fees depending on the chosen payment option.
On the other hand, first-time job seekers don’t need to pay the fee, and they only have to show a barangay certificate as proof.
Furthermore, police stations are not accepting over-the-counter payments, so make sure to pay online to secure the appointment.
- Click LandBank of the Phils, and it will indicate the P150.00 fee for acquiring the police clearance and click Next.
- Read the reminders and click Save Appointment.
- Select Click here to Pay for more options.
- On the payment page of LandBank, click Payment Option.
- Select your preferred payment method, check the Terms and Conditions, and click Submit.
- Proceed to station on schedule and bring 2 valid IDs
If you’re not a first-time job seeker, you have to show the official receipt and reference number of your payment for the police clearance fee to enter the station.
In addition, bring 2 valid and not expired IDs as you will need them for the requirements.
- Head to the documentation area to take your photo, fingerprints, and electronic signature.
- Wait for your application to be verified and get your police clearance on the same day.