Aside from GCredit, GCash now offers its avid users the GLoan feature, which is beneficial for those who need to pay their bills or shop for major appliances. If you need extra funds, GLoan is ideal as you can cash out your loan to pay for other matters.
But what is GLoan, and how does it exactly work? To know more about this lending feature from your favorite e-wallet, read our in-depth guide on GLoan Cash Loan by GCash!
What is GLoan?
GLoan is an efficient lending feature that GCash offers to qualified GCash users. By applying for a GLoan, GCash users can use the loan to pay their bills and shop from GCash’s over 200,000 partner merchants.
In addition, the amount borrowed from GLoan can be cashed out to your preferred bank or cash-out channels under the GCash Send Money feature. Thus, GLoan is a personal loan that GCash users can access and use for their purchases and varying purposes.
How do you qualify for GLoan?
Qualifying for a GLoan requires a good GScore that GCash computes based on your activity in the app, which means that the more you use GCash features, the higher your GScore will be. You should also pay your GCredit on time and maintain a healthy e-wallet balance to increase your GScore and qualify for GLoan.
Apart from that, a good GScore increases your credit line and gives you access to exclusive perks and benefits. Thus, choosing GCash as your mode of payment for varying transactions, whether online or offline, is ideal to have a good GScore and access the GLoan feature.
What are the requirements for GLoan?
If you want to access the GLoan feature of GCash, you should meet the following requirements below:
- Applicants should be 21 to 65 years old
- The applicant must be a Filipino national
- You should have a fully verified GCash account using any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) ID
- Social Security System (SSS) ID
- Unified Multipurpose ID (UMID)
- Voter’s ID
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF)/ Pag-Ibig ID
- PhilHealth ID
- You have a good credit record.
- You weren’t involved in fraudulent transactions.
- You should maintain a good GScore
Remember, GLoan eligibility is subject to policies and credit risk rules, and each GCash user may have varying GScore requirements.
You may want to read: How To Pay SSS Loan Using Gcash
What is the interest rate of GLoan?
In terms of the interest rate of GLoan, it depends on your eligibility, GScore, and preferred installment duration. But the interest rate is around 1.59% to 6.57%. Just an additional tip, the interest rate billed on your GLoan account is lower if you pick a shorter installment duration.
How to apply for GLoan GCash?
Once you receive a message from GCash confirming that you’re eligible to access the GLoan feature, you can proceed with applying by following the steps below:
- Launch and log in to GCash on your device.
- Click View All or Borrow on the dashboard.
- Next, click GLoan under the Borrow section.
- Click Get Started.
- Select the Loan Amount, payment duration, and Purpose of the Loan. Then, click Get This Loan.
- Double-check the terms of your loan and click Continue.
- Double-check your payment details and click Next.
- Review your GLoan Application. Then, tick the box to agree to the Data Privacy Agreement and click Submit.
- Review the loan details and agree to the Disclosure Agreement and Loan Terms & Conditions. Then, click Continue.
- Check the loan amount that you will receive from GLoan and click Confirm.
- Enter the 6-digit authentication code sent to your GCash registered mobile number and click Submit.
- Afterward, a message will appear on your screen confirming that you’ve successfully applied for the GLoan feature. You will also receive a notification via SMS and email. Note that the loan amount will reflect in your GCash account within 24 hours.
Related article: How to Pay Home Credit via GCash
How to pay GLoan?
If you accessed the GLoan feature and received your loan amount, don’t forget to pay it on time to maintain a good GScore and credit record. Also, you should be a responsible payer to increase your chances of availing of another loan and continuously access the GLoan feature.
To pay your GLoan, follow these steps:
- Launch and log in to GCash on your device.
- Click Borrow on the dashboard and choose GLoan.
- Next, click Pay for GLoan.
- Input the payment amount and click Confirm.
- Then, you’ll receive a Notification from GCash confirming a successful payment of your GLoan.
How long will the GLoan application process take?
Since GCash aims to offer a quick and convenient lending program, the GLoan application process will only take 5 to 10 minutes. It’s also a pre-approved loan, so after completing the application process, you can access GLoan. But the loan amount will arrive within 24 hours.
Can I apply for another GLoan if I have an existing one?
No, you cannot since GCash only allows one GLoan account at a time for each user. If you want to avail of another GLoan, fully pay your existing loan to get another GLoan.
Also, as long as you’re qualified, don’t forget that you can still apply for a GLoan even if you have dues on other products like GCredit.
How can I get a GLoan loan from GCash?
You can get Gloan from GCash if you meet the GScore requirement. So work on improving your GScore first. Once you reach the required GScore, GCash will message you if you’re qualified to apply for a GLoan. Then, comply with the requirements to enjoy the GLoan feature.
How much can I loan in GLoan GCash?
The purchase loan in GLoan differs for each GCash user. But typically, you can borrow around P1,000 for the minimum and up to P50,000. GCash also charges a one-time processing fee of 3% of the GLoan amount.
How much is the penalty for GLoan GCash?
Paying your GLoan way past its due date incurs a P100 fixed penalty plus a 0.15% daily fee of the outstanding principal balance. GCash GLoan also has a 5, 9, or 12 months installment duration, so choose the ideal payment scheme you can manage to pay.
Overall, the GLoan feature of GCash is quite flexible as you can use it based on your preference or for major purchases. Applying for a GLoan is convenient as you can borrow money anytime and anywhere. So if you want to access GLoan, use the GCash app frequently!Also, you can visit this website to get an overview of GLoan payment computation.