Have you ever wondered if you can borrow money from GCash? If you answered yes, it’s time to activate your GCash GCredit account! With GCredit, you can now shop and pay your bills on time without having funds in your GCash wallet.
And if you’re wondering how to activate GCash GCredit, keep reading as we share the simple steps and eligibility criteria to access the GCredit feature!
How To Activate GCash GCredit
If you’re eligible to use this service, you can follow the steps below on how to activate GCash GCredit:
- Launch and log into the GCash app on your mobile device.
- Click GCredit on the main dashboard.
- On the GCredit Application page, double-check if your email address is correct and click Next.
- Review your Personal Information recorded on the GCash system and click Next.
- Enter Other Personal Details, including Gender and Civil Status. You can also provide the following optional information:
- Other Mobile Number
- Landline Number
- TIN Number
- Provide the following details of your Emergency Contact, such as your spouse or parent:
- First Name, Middle Name, and Last Name
- Contact Number
- Family Relation
- Click Next and Review your GCredit Application.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Submit.
- Then, wait for the confirmation screen indicating GCredit Application Successful.
Note that your GCredit application request will take 1 to 3 business days to be processed. You’ll also receive an SMS confirmation regarding your application. If approved, you can use GCredit as the payment method for GLife purchases, Pay Bills, Shop Online, and Pay QR.
Who is eligible for GCredit
Before you activate GCash GCredit, here are the following requirements you should meet to be eligible for this service:
- You should have a fully-verified GCash account
- Be at least 21 years old
- You should maintain a high GScore rating
Related article: How To Increase GScore in GCash
If you already have a fully verified GCash account, you can unlock the GCredit feature by increasing your GScore rating. GScore is your overall trust rating based on how frequently you use GCash services, which also dictates your Credit limit.
Why is my GCredit unavailable?
There are many reasons why your GCash GCredit account was deactivated, such as outstanding GCredit dues that you need to settle or a low GScore rating. Moreover, your GCredit account may be suspended for submitting an invalid ID, having multiple accounts, pending additional details, or not agreeing to CIMB terms and conditions.
How much is the interest in GCredit?
The GCredit interest rate varies per GCash user. But it ranges from 1% to 7% based on your GScore rating. Do note that GCash evaluates monthly your GCredit account and your GScore rating. Thus, the interest rate you’re being charged will be affected.
What is the highest GCredit in Gcash?
You can enjoy up to a P30,000 credit line from GCash GCredit. Through this, you can shop and transact online without worries since you can instantly pay with GCredit. There are over 17,500 stores and billers you can pay using GCredit without additional requirements.
You may want to read: How To Increase GCash Limit to 100k and 500k
How much is the penalty for GCredit?
Aside from having a suspended Gcredit account, you also need to pay penalty charges based on the number of days you settled your dues. If 1-30 days late, you shall pay P200, P300 for 31-60 days, P400 for 61-90 days, and P600 if over 90 days. Also, additional interest charges apply based on the days it took to settle your dues.