If you’ve been dying to own a card but don’t have a bank account, you can now make it possible with PayMaya Virtual and Physical cards. Through PayMaya cards, paying cashless both online and on-site or at payment centers and shopping malls are made easy.
And if you’re intrigued about how to get a PayMaya Virtual and Physical card, keep on reading.
What are the PayMaya Cards?
Under PayMaya, you can get two types of cards, Virtual and Physical.
If you’re getting the Virtual one, your card details are built based on your PayMaya account and available in Virtual Mastercard or Virtual Visa. In addition, it comes with all the information needed when purchasing online, including Card Name, Card Number, CVC/CVV, and Expiration Date. The purpose of this card is for digital subscriptions and online purchases or when transacting with e-commerce platforms.
You may want to read: How to Change Mobile Number in PayMaya
On the contrary, the Physical card is an external card linked to your PayMaya account, available in Beep card, EMV chip card, and payWave card. But the Beep card is currently not available for purchase. The Physical card is for establishments accepting card payments, such as department stores and restaurants.
Remember, PayMaya cards work as prepaid cards and not as credit cards. So you can only use these cards if you have funds on your PayMaya account. Furthermore, you can link up to 3 Physical cards to your PayMaya account and use them to withdraw at BancNet ATMs. However, if you ever lost your PayMaya cards or were stolen, you don’t have to worry, as you can block the card in the app.
How to get a PayMaya Virtual Card?
Step 1: Register a PayMaya account
To get a PayMaya Virtual card, the first thing you need to do is to register a PayMaya account by following the steps below:
- Install the PayMaya app on your smartphone.
- Register an account by providing your personal information, including your Name, Mobile Number, Birthdate, and Email Address. Then, click Agree.
- Input the verification code sent to your registered number on your PayMaya account and click Proceed.
- Unlock all the PayMaya features by upgrading your account for free and uploading a valid ID.
Step 2: Activate PayMaya Virtual Card
If you already have a PayMaya account, the next step is to active your Virtual card by following these steps:
- Launch the PayMaya app and log in.
- Ensure that you have an upgraded account and a minimum P100 wallet balance. If not, upgrade and top up your account before proceeding.
- On the dashboard, click the Cards tab.
- Next, tap Online Payment Card and Activate Now.
- Enter your date of birth and work/home address, and click Next.
- Tap View Card to check the details of your PayMaya Virtual card.
How to get a PayMaya Physical Card?
If you need a go-to card whenever you’re out shopping or dining, then buying a PayMaya Physical card is a great choice. Moreover, getting a PayMaya Physical card is very easy since you can purchase it online via the PayMaya store. You can also get a discount if you purchase bundle cards and free shipping for orders exceeding P300. Aside from buying online, you can get a PayMaya Physical card at the SM Store Business Services, Robinsons Department Store Business Centers, LCC Supermarkets, Gaisano Capital Business Center, and selected Padala Agents and Family Mart branches nationwide.