Are you wondering how to change mobile number in PayMaya? If yes, then you’re in the right spot. Whether you’ve lost your phone with the registered mobile number in your PayMaya account or for security reasons, you can now change your mobile number in PayMaya by following our guide below, so keep reading.
How to change Mobile Number in PayMaya?
Back then, it was easy to change your mobile number in PayMaya since the app allows it. However, PayMaya has long removed that feature, so you can only change your mobile number in PayMaya by following the steps below:
Request to Change Registered Mobile Number
As of writing, contacting PayMaya and requesting to change the registered mobile number is the easiest way. So you may call them at the following numbers:
- Hotline- (+632) 8845-77-88
- Toll-Free- 1800-1084-57788
- For Smart mobile phones, dial *788
Another way to contact PayMaya is to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should send a request letter with your signature indicating your existing and new mobile number. Furthermore, you should explain why you’re changing your mobile number and attach a copy of your valid ID.
Delete PayMaya Account
On the other hand, if you no longer want to keep your old PayMaya account for security reasons, then deleting and creating a new one allows you to change your mobile number in PayMaya. But remember, you can only have one account in PayMaya, so ensure to delete the old one first before creating a new account. And to delete your existing PayMaya account, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the email registered with your PayMaya account
- Email PayMaya at email@example.com with the subject Request to delete my PayMaya account.
- Indicate why you want to delete your PayMaya account and provide your account details, including your registered mobile number, name, birth date, and address.
- Next, wait for up to 7 working days for a response.
- Once you’ve deleted your existing PayMaya account, you can register a new one and change your mobile number in PayMaya.
Before changing your registered mobile number in PayMaya, keep in mind the following reminders:
- You can only change your registered mobile number in PayMaya every 30 days.
- For security reasons, you cannot reuse an old mobile number registered with PayMaya.
- You cannot utilize mobile numbers registered with other PayMaya accounts since only numbers unregistered with PayMaya are allowed.
- If you have remaining cashback and rewards on your old mobile number, all of it will be forfeited. In addition, all unclaimed and awarded vouchers will be gone after changing the registered mobile number.
- You have to reaccept the Terms and Conditions of PayMaya and reconfigure data personalization when you first log in with your newly registered mobile number.
- All the previous bills payment and shop purchases listing will disappear.
- Nonetheless, the transaction list and your wallet balance will remain.
Should I change my Mobile Number in PayMaya if I lost the SIM/phone registered to my account?
If you lost the phone or SIM registered to your PayMaya account, you have the option to change your registered mobile number. But if you prefer to use the same prepaid mobile number, you can still do so by calling your service provider to request a new SIM card with your old mobile number. Afterward, download the PayMaya app and log in to your account using your old mobile number and password. If an OTP is required, you’ll receive one from your registered mobile number.