The new and rebranded UnionBank has a lot to offer in terms of making banking easy and accessible to all Filipinos. Aside from the completely ONLINE process of opening a UnionBank savings account (goodbye, long lines at the bank!), UnionBank is also introducing several ways to better access your money, like sending money to remittance centers.
You can now send money from your UnionBank account to Palawan Express. Take advantage of the more than 5,000 Palawan Pawnshop branches nationwide where you or your loved ones can claim the amount wherever you are. In this article, we’ll show you how you can use the UnionBank Online mobile app for money transfer to Palawan Express.
For the sender: Use the UnionBank Online mobile app to send money
- Open the UnionBank Online mobile app and log in to your account.
- From the bottom dashboard menu, tap “Send/Request”.
- Under the “Send” menu, tap “Remittance Center”, and then select “Palawan Express”.
- Fill out the transaction details, such as the amount you wish to send, the purpose of the transaction, and the UnionBank account you wish to use for the transaction (if you have multiple accounts). Tap “Next”.
You can send a minimum amount of P100 and a maximum amount of P50,000 per transaction per day. Your UnionBank account will be deducted with the total remitted amount plus a service fee of about 3% of the remitted amount.
- Fill out your recipient’s details, such as their full name, date of birth, citizenship, mobile number, and email address. Tap “Next”.
- On the next page, confirm that the inputted details are correct. Tick the box if you agree with UnionBank’s Terms & Conditions. Tap “Send”.
- A one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your UnionBank-registered mobile number for extra verification. Enter the 6-digit OTP.
- Your transaction has now been successfully processed. You and your recipient will receive an SMS containing the Transaction Code if the sent amount is ready for pick-up. Your receiver will use this Transaction Code to claim the sent amount at any Palawan Pawnshop branch.
If your recipient did not receive an SMS with the Transaction Code, you can alternatively check History under the “Send” menu. Tap on the transaction and find the Transaction Code under Claim Code. You can send the Transaction Code directly to your recipient
For the recipient: Receive the sent amount at a Palawan Pawnshop branch.
- Receive the reference number from your sender or via SMS from Palawan Express.
- Go to your nearest Palawan Pawnshop branch to remit the sent amount.
The Send Money feature from UnionBank is available at Palawan Pawnshop branches only. It is NOT available at Palawan Express Authorized Agents or at Palawan Express’s remittance partners like LBC, SM Supermarkets, or Robinsons Department Stores.
- Approach the service personnel and inform them that you would like to receive a payout from UnionBank.
- Fill out the Receive Money Form with the required details, such as the Reference Number, your Name and Mobile Number, your Sender’s Name and Mobile Number, Purpose of Transaction, and your Relationship to the Sender.
- Provide a valid government ID with the accomplished Receive Money Form.
- If all is well, collect your paid out amount.
Some things to remember
- UnionBank transfer transactions via Palawan Express have a cut-off time at 3:00 PM. Transactions before the cut-off will be processed on the same banking day. Transactions after the 3:00P PM cut-off will be processed on the next banking day.
- There is no processing of transactions during weekends and holidays.
- For the recipient, make sure to wait at least 2 hours after the transaction has been processed by the sender or wait for the SMS from Palawan Express before claiming your money.
- For the sender, make sure to double-check your recipient’s details that they are correct and are the same with the details on the recipient’s valid ID for a smooth transaction. There will be no cancellations of Palawan Express transactions once they have already been processed.
- In case of errors with the recipient and the cash is still unclaimed, you can contact UnionBank’s 24-Hour Customer Hotline to change the recipient’s name to the sender’s name. You can now claim the amount at any Palawan Pawnshop branch using the same Transaction Code. You can reach UnionBank’s Customer Hotline at (+632)8-841-8600 for Metro Manila, and 1-800-1888-2277 for PLDT domestic toll-free calls.
It only takes a few taps on the UnionBank Online mobile app, and your recipient can already claim your sent amount at any Palawan Pawnshop branch. That’s what we call convenient.