Whether you’re a first-time job seeker or hired by a new company, securing your police clearance is necessary to acquire and get started with your work. And since many are applying for this document, the Philippine National Police (PNP) now allows Filipinos to get their PNP police clearance online and pay it via GCash. So if you’re wondering how to pay police clearance via GCash, keep reading.
What is Police Clearance?
A government-issued document certifying that an individual has no criminal records, Police Clearance is one of the primary requirements requested by employers for job seekers. In addition, this document is a commonly accepted valid ID in the Philippines for varying transactions, including credit card, NBI clearance, and National ID application. On the other hand, Police Clearance cannot be used as a valid ID when applying for or renewing a passport and Comelec voter’s registration.
How much is the Police Clearance fee?
The Police Clearance fee is P150, and around P10 or more may apply for the convenience fee depending on the chosen over-the-counter partner. On the contrary, first-time job seekers no longer have to pay P150 as per RA 11261.
How to pay Police Clearance via GCash?
If you have applied for Police Clearance in the past years, you should know how difficult it’s to queue at police stations to get this document. But through the PNP’s latest system, you can now book an appointment and pay Police Clearance via GCash. Doing so ensures that you can get your Police Clearance on the day of your visit and won’t go home empty-handed. So to get this document, follow the steps below on how to pay Police Clearance via GCash:
- Visit the National Police Clearance System.
- Click Login or Register if you don’t have an account yet.
- After logging in, click Clearance Application on the homepage. Also, ensure to complete your profile to proceed.
- Select the Purpose, Police Station location, and Date of appointment and click Next.
- On the Select Payment Option page, click LandBank of the Phils to see the amount to pay and click Next.
- Click Save Appointment.
- On the Applicant Transaction page, tap the Click here to Pay for more options button. Then, you’ll transfer to the LandBank e-payment portal.
- Double-check your transaction details.
- Click Select beside Payment Option and choose Cash Payment.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click Submit.
- On the MYEG page, select any to generate a Dragonpay Reference Number and click Proceed. A convenience fee may also apply depending on your preferred over-the-counter partner.
- Next, launch the GCash app on your mobile device.
- Click Bills on the dashboard.
- Select Payment Solutions under Categories.
- Choose Dragonpay as the biller.
- Enter the amount to pay for the Police Clearance fee and the generated Dragonpay Reference Number.
- Provide your Contact Number and Email (optional), and click Next.
- Double-check your transaction details and click Confirm to pay Police Clearance via GCash.
How to get Police Clearance?
Once you’ve successfully paid your Police Clearance via GCash, this confirms your appointment with your chosen Police Station location for processing. During your appointment date, bring 2-valid IDs, the reference number of your transaction, and the official receipt you paid via GCash. Furthermore, you also have to undergo documentation, which involves taking biometrics, signature, and photo. Then, wait for the issuance of your Police Clearance. Nonetheless, applicants with Hit records need to wait for further instructions and comply with other requirements to settle the problem before Police Clearance is issued.