The Pag-IBIG Fund is a government-run mutual fund that serves as the national savings and housing program. If you’re looking forward to being financially secure and buying a house in the future, being a member of the Pag-IBIG Fund can be a great help in achieving those goals.
All Filipino employees – whether private, government, or self-employed – is required to be a Pag-IBIG member. But don’t fret if you’re new to the workforce and are not yet a member, because the online registration makes it as convenient as ever in 7 easy steps.
Pag-IBIG Membership Online Registration
- Go to the Pag-IBIG Fund website. Visit www.pagibigfund.gov.ph. In the header at the top of the page, hover over the “E-Services” menu. Click “Membership Registration” under the Membership column.
- Go to the Online Membership Registration page. Click Continue to register.
- Fill out your personal details. Fill out your name and your date of birth so that the system can check whether you have an existing account. Make sure to enter the code provided which protects the website from spambots. Click Proceed to continue.
- Accomplish the application form. The form consists of several tabs, such as Member Info, Other Info, Address, Contacts, Heirs, Member Category, and Employment History. Be sure to accomplish all of the tabs completely and accurately.
- Submit your application form. Click the Summary tab and recheck your application form. Once you have finished, submit the form. Upon submission, you will be redirected to the Successful Registration page. Through this page, you can get your RTN (your Registration Tracking Number) and print your MDF (Member’s Data Form). You will also get an SMS confirming your registration and showing your RTN.
- Verify your Pag-IBIG MID Number. After 2 working days, you can get your permanent Pag-IBIG MID (Membership ID) Number via SMS.
Create an SMS using the following format:
IDSTAT<space>[Your RTN Number]<space>[Birthdate MM/DD/YYYY]
Example: IDSTAT 912365478925 12/24/1979
Send the SMS to any of the following numbers:
0917 888 4363 for Globe and TM users
0918 898 4363 for Smart, Talk N Text, Red Mobile, and Sun users
You can also call the Pag-IBIG hotline at 724-4244 to inquire about your MID number.
- Start paying your monthly contributions. After registering online, your Pag-IBIG membership will officially start after you have paid your first monthly contribution.
Here are some of the ways to pay your Pag-IBIG contributions:
- Automated billing via Visa or Mastercard credit card
- Cashless payment systems like GCash and Coins.ph
- Over-the-counter payments at your nearest Pag-IBIG branch
- Bayad Center outlets
- SM Business Centers
Pag – IBIG Online Registration Requirements
Aside from the quick online registration, the ultimate convenience of registering for a Pag-IBIG membership is that there are no documents required other than an accomplished Member’s Data Form. This is also the case even if you register personally through a Pag-IBIG branch.
Pag-IBIG Membership Benefits
These mandatory contributions to the Pag-IBIG Fund have amazing benefits that can help you financially, both in the short and the long term. Whether you are planning to own a house or saving up for retirement, the Pag-IBIG membership is a great avenue to help you secure your financial future.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy with a Pag-IBIG membership.
This is perhaps the most known benefit of the Pag-IBIG Fund. For those that are looking to finance their residential construction or purchase, the Pag-IBIG housing loan is one of the most economical in the market.
The Pag-IBIG housing loan lets you borrow up to P 6 million with interest rates as low as 5.375% per annum, and it has a very flexible payment term of up to a maximum of 30 years.
Short-term loans allow you to borrow up to 80% of your total accumulated value (TAV), perfect for those times when you need a lump sum of money. Pag-IBIG offers two types of short-term loans: the Calamity Loan and the Multi-Purpose Loan.
If you live in an area that was declared under a state of calamity, you can turn to Pag-IBIG for a Calamity Loan, with a low interest rate of 5.95% per annum, payable in 24 months. You are also given a 3-month grace period before you need to start paying.
A Multi-Purpose Loan, on the other hand, can be used to finance different purposes such as tuition payments, medical expenses, or a family trip, among others.
Through Pag-IBIG’s robust savings programs, members can easily watch and grow their money through the years. Their earnings through the fund are tax-free and risk-free as guaranteed by the government.
These savings programs are a tried-and-tested way to save up money for retirement or for financing your children’s education. With an average dividend rate of 7.65% in recent years, your small monthly contributions can give you big returns in time.
Discounts and other privileges
More than just offering loans and savings schemes, the Pag-IBIG Fund also issues a Loyalty Card to its members that they can use to save money on a daily basis. Members can use the Loyalty Card to avail of discounts and rewards from several establishments nationwide. They can use the card to save on tuition payments, medical bills, grocery purchases, and many more.
Who can avail of the membership?
All Filipino workers are required by law to be a Pag-IBIG Fund Member. This includes workers in the private and in the government sector, self-employed professionals, OFWs, and kasambahays.
Those that are not covered above can also be a Pag-IBIG member through voluntary membership. Non-working spouses, barangay officials, expatriates, students, and unemployed Filipinos can also register for the membership, as long as they can pay the monthly contributions. If you aren’t a Pag-IBIG Fund member yet, there’s no better time to register than now. In just 7 easy steps through its online registration, reaping the financial benefits of a Pag-IBIG membership is as easy as a click of a button.