Online payment systems make life on the internet so much easier, allowing you to pay your bills, shop online, send money and so much more – all at the comforts of your own home. Services like Paypal and GCash are perfect for the stay-at-home freelancer or the budding entrepreneur to secure their money and use it however they want.
You can now easily transfer cash from your Paypal directly to your GCash account with near-to-real time and with zero service fee! In just a couple of easy steps, your money can become much more accessible through this transfer service.
Before you can transfer your funds from Paypal to GCash, make sure that your accounts fulfill the following requirements:
- Your first and last name on your Paypal and GCash accounts must be exactly the same (e.g. Juan Dela Cruz and Juan De La Cruz will not match). The accounts must be named under the same person.
- Your Paypal account must have been set up in the Philippines.
- Your Paypal account must be a personal-type account (non-business account).
- Your GCash account must be fully verified.
You also need to make sure that your cash-in amount fits into your account’s wallet and transaction limits. For a fully verified GCash user, your wallet size limit is P100K. From the app, you can learn more about these limits under “Transaction Limits”.
Depending on your cash-in amount, you may also need to remove your withdrawal payment on Paypal by verifying your credit card or bank account.
Transfer Money from Paypal to GCash
Linking your Paypal to your GCash account
- Open your GCash through your mobile phone. Tap the menu button at the upper-left corner. From the menu, select “My Linked Accounts”.
- Select the button for “Paypal”. This will lead you to a prompt to input your Paypal details. Enter your Paypal email address and tap “Link” at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- You will be redirected to the Paypal login page within the app. Input your email address and password, and tap “Authorize” to proceed.
- Once you have successfully authorized your account, you will receive an email from Paypal notifying that you have signed up for a Preapproved Payments Plan to G-Xchange, Inc. This plan gives GCash temporary permission to transfer your Paypal funds to your GCash account.
Transferring Paypal funds to your GCash account
- In the home screen, tap “Cash In” from the available services. Under Remittance, tap the “Paypal” option.
- In the next screen, you will see your Paypal available balance. Enter the amount that you wish to transfer to your GCash wallet. Tap “Next”.
- The minimum cash-in amount is P500.
- Take note that only your Peso balance can be transferred to your GCash account. If your balance is in a different currency, you can convert your money through the built-in money exchanger in Paypal.
- A new screen will appear to notify you that the transfer is now in progress and that it will be received in 24 hours or less.
- You will also receive an email that your Paypal has been debited with your cash-in amount.
- In 24 hours or less, your Paypal funds are now cashed in to your GCash wallet. You will receive an SMS notification of the successful transaction.
Using your GCash Wallet
Now that you have transferred your money to GCash, you can use your cash in different ways through the GCash app. You can use your GCash wallet to do the following:
- Pay your utility bills like electricity, water, cable/internet, telecoms, etc.
- Pay for online purchases from Lazada, Shopee, and many other online merchants
- Pay for your airline tickets
- Buy load
- Book movie tickets through your GMovies account
- Put your money in an in-app savings account
- Grow and track your money through trusted in-app investment funds
You can also cash out your GCash wallet through your GCash Mastercard. Just head to the nearest ATM, and you can use your GCash Mastercard to withdraw from your GCash account just like a regular ATM card.
Re-linking your Paypal to GCash
Because the Preapproved Payments Plan is only temporary, you will need to re-link your Paypal email to GCash after a certain period of time.
- On the GCash app, tap “My Linked Accounts” from the menu. Select “Paypal” from the options.
- The email field is now prefilled with the previously linked Paypal account. Tap “Link” at the upper-right corner of the screen.
- As before, input your email and password in the Paypal login page that you were redirected to. Click “Authorize” to proceed.
This easy and nifty fund transfer from Paypal to GCash gives you more control over your own money with shorter transaction times and without unwanted service fees. Accessing your online money is now just as easy as these 3 simple steps!