More and more people are using Grab these days. Grab is a ride-sharing service that originated from Singapore; it was launched in the Philippines in 2013. Since then, it has expanded beyond transportation into food delivery and digital payment services as well.
Recently, to make it easier for Grab users to pay for their transport fare or food delivery orders, the company has introduced a new mode of payment: the GrabPay wallet.
What is GrabPay?
As the name suggests, GrabPay is a digital wallet that enables users to make cashless payments for all of Grab’s services. So whether you’re hailing a Grab car, ordering food, paying bills, or buying load — you can easily pay for these services with just a few clicks!
Just like most digital wallets, you can top up GrabPay through online banking or other “e-wallets,” too. One of these is GCash, a popular digital wallet that’s widely used by many Filipinos for sending money, buying load, shopping online, and many other transactions.
How to Top Up GrabPay via GCash
If you happen to have a GCash account, then topping up your GrabPay wallet is easy as 1-2-3! As a matter of fact, you can even send money from your GCash account to someone else’s GrabPay wallet. So even if you are traveling solo or hanging out with friends, you don’t have to worry about going “cashless.”
Notably, transferring money from GCash to GrabPay is made possible through InstaPay. This is an electronic fund transfer (EFT) service that enables people to transfer funds between participating banks, non-banks, and digital wallets such as GCash and GrabPay.
And so, without further ado, here are the steps to topping up your GrabPay wallet using GCash:
- Open the GCash app and log in to your account.
- On the home screen, choose the “Bank Transfer” icon.
- Click “View All” under “Select Partner Banks.”
- You will see a list of banks. Scroll down and select “GrabPay.”
- Enter the following details:
- Amount – The maximum amount that you can transfer is PHP 50,000.
- Account Name – This is the GrabPay account name (either yours or the receiver’s).
- Account Number – This is the 11-digit mobile number related to the GrabPay account.
- Send Receipt to – This is where you enter the recipient’s email address.
- Click “Send Money” once you’re done.
- Review all the details. If everything is correct, click “Confirm.”
- Once the transfer is finished, you will receive a text message about the successful transaction. A transaction receipt with a reference number will also be sent to your email.
NOTE: There is a fee of PHP 15 for every transaction, so always make sure that you have enough balance in your GCash account before making any transactions. As you can see, sending money from your GCash account to your GrabPay wallet is quick, easy, and convenient. You can do it anytime, anywhere! For more information about transferring money or making other transactions using these apps, you can visit the official websites of Grab at https://www.grab.com/ph/ and GCash at https://www.gcash.com/.