When talking about digital wallets and online payment systems, none is more known internationally than PayPal. Accepted in over 20 million online merchants and websites, PayPal is the preferred method by many for its secure and no-nonsense payment and money transfer services. It’s also popular amongst freelancers for receiving payments from international clients.
Unlike other e-wallets like GCash, PayPal is mainly focused on offering secure global transactions and does not aim towards being a lifestyle wallet. Thus, it has limited functionality in terms of bills payment, in-store transactions, and other features that other e-wallets provide. Still, PayPal is a great option to have if you want a reliable and secure e-wallet that is compatible with millions of online merchants all over the world, from small boutiques to big brands.
You may also want to read: How to Cash-In Your GCash Wallet
Read further on to know how to register and set up your own PayPal account, how to add a payment method, and what you can do with your registered account.
How to Register a Personal PayPal account
- Go to the PayPal website. Visit www.paypal.com. In the header at the top of the page, click “Sign Up”.
- On the next page, choose “Personal Account”. Click “Next”. A Personal PayPal account is the account for buyers and customers that want to shop online or send and receive money through PayPal. If you are a merchant who wants to use PayPal as a payment method for your business, set up a Business PayPal account.
- Enter your email address, your legal name, and your desired password. Click “Next”.
- Fill up a few more account details, like your address and your phone number.
- Tick the box that you have read PayPal’s User Agreement and Delivery Policy. Click on “Agree and Create Account.”
- You have now created your own Personal PayPal account. After linking a payment method, you can now use PayPal to shop online or send money to your loved ones.
- Don’t forget to confirm your registered email address and mobile number to fully verify and maximize the features of your PayPal account.
You may also want to read: How to Send Money from GCash to Palawan Express
How to fully verify your Paypal account by linking your bank or card
To fully maximize the functionality of your PayPal account, like higher credibility and unlimited withdrawals, you have to first verify your account. You verify your PayPal account by linking a bank account or a debit or a credit card.
Aside from your in-app wallet which you can use to send and receive money, your linked bank account or your debit or credit card can serve as another payment method for shopping online. PayPal is known for its secure transactions, protecting and encrypting your financial information so you no longer have to share them during online transactions. Additionally, your linked bank account or card can also be used to withdraw the funds from your PayPal balance.
You can also link your GCash account to PayPal to automatically transfer your funds between your two wallets.
- Log in to your PayPal account. From the Account Summary, click “Link a Card or Bank”.
- Choose either “Link a debit or credit card” or “Link a bank account.”
- Fill in the required details. For linking a card, enter your card number, card type (Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay, etc.), expiration date, security code, and billing address. For linking a bank account, spell out your bank’s name, and enter the bank code and your account number. The bank code is a 9-digit code identifying your bank. You can search the internet for the code or contact your bank if you need help.
- Click “Link”. If everything is in order, you can now use your added payment method for secure online transactions or for withdrawing your PayPal balance.
You may also want to read: How to Send Money to Palawan Express via 7-Eleven
What can you do with your Personal PayPal account?
Now that you have a fully verified Personal PayPal account, you can now enjoy its many features for top-of-the-line money transfer and payment services, with a priority on your ease and security.
- Shop online in more than 20 million merchants from over 200 countries that accept PayPal.
- Shop worry-free with PayPal’s strong Purchase Protection Program and convenient return policies.
- Use your debit or credit card for online payment without ever giving away your financial information.
- Send and receive money quickly and securely to PayPal account holders from anywhere in the world.
- Checkout with just one click at hundreds of online stores with PayPal’s One Touch feature.
- Pay over time by accessing your own digital credit line with PayPal Credit. No card needed.
- For freelancers, receive payments from international clients in different currencies with no hassle.
- For bloggers, insert a PayPal plug-in on your website to ask for tips and donations.
From international shopping to protected fund transfers to quick checkouts, PayPal is definitely leading the future of online and digital payments. If what you’re looking for is an e-wallet with a global reach, PayPal is the way to go.