In today’s generation, keeping a GCash account is beneficial to make your daily transactions convenient, from shopping and paying bills to send remittances to your loved ones. But since the GCash app is accessible through an internet connection, it can be frustrating if you suddenly face technical issues right when you need funds from your e-wallet.
And in this article, we’ll share how to log in to GCash without the mobile app, so read on.
Can I log in to GCash in the browser?
If you’re wondering whether or not you can log in to GCash without the mobile app, the answer is yes. You can certainly access your GCash account even without the mobile app. You can also log in to your GCash account via browser as long as it’s one of the payment options offered by a website.
By selecting GCash as the mode of payment, a GCash interface will pop up on your screen, allowing you to log in and confirm your transaction. However, GCash doesn’t have an official log-in page in the browser, so be wary of the website you’re logging in to prevent your account from getting hacked by scammers.
How can I open a GCash account without the GCash app?
Now, if you need to open your GCash account without the mobile app, here are two ways to access your e-wallet:
Via USSD *143#
- On your mobile phone, open the dialer.
- Enter *143#.
- Enter 9 indicating GCash and click send.
- Select the number code of the transaction you want and click send.
- You may be requested to enter your MPIN to confirm your transaction.
If you opt to open your GCash account via #143*, here are the following GCash transactions you can perform:
- Register – set up an account for new users
- Get the GCash app- send an SMS download link
- Gcash Card- provide options to Activate Card, Suspend Card, Reactive Card
- Cash In/Out- allows Bank to GCash and Receive Remittance
- Send Money- perform GCash transactions with other GCash users
- Pay Bills- options to choose a biller by alphabetical, category, or search
- Buy Load- allows you to buy Load from Globe, TM, Smart, Sun, Talk ‘N Text, DITO, and Cherry Prepaid
- GCash Amex- provides access to account details or request/change the security code of your GCash American Express Virtual Pay- access to Grab or Angkas vouchers.
- GCash Biz Solutions- access to Grab or Angkas vouchers.
- Account- option to change your pin or check your GCash account balance
Via Facebook Messenger
Another way to open your GCash account is through Facebook Messenger. To do so, follow the steps below:
- On your mobile phone, launch the Facebook Messenger app.
- Search for GCash official in Messenger with a blue check mark.
- At the bottom of your screen, click Get Started.
- Next, you’ll see options such as Start an account or I have an account.
- Click I have an account to link your existing GCash account. If your Facebook Messenger is associated with another service, unlink it.
- Enter your GCash-registered mobile number and click Continue.
- Click Yes to confirm that your mobile number is correct.
- Wait for the SMS verification code sent to your GCash-registered mobile number.
- Enter the SMS verification code on the linking page of Messenger and click Continue.
- Then, enter your 4-digit MPIN to link your GCash account.
On the other hand, the menu may not be available depending on the version of Facebook Messenger you’re using, mobile device, platform, or technical issues. Also, you need to have a verified GCash account to access varying transactions via Facebook Messenger.
Aside from that, you can access your funds directly via the CIMB Bank PH app if you have a GSave account and transfer it to your CIMB Bank Debit Mastercard, especially if you urgently need cash.
How can I check my GCash balance without the app?
In certain circumstances, such as having no access to the internet or losing your phone, it will come in handy if you can check your GCash balance without the app. And the easiest way is to check your messages to see the latest confirmation of your transaction with GCash, indicating your current balance.
If you’re a Globe or TM user, you can dial *143# to access your GCash account and select the code number for Check Balance. Then, enter your MPIN to receive a text message to the GCash-registered mobile number stating the current e-wallet balance.
You can also check your GCash balance if you have a GCash Mastercard. Just visit the nearest ATM and perform a Balance Inquiry. Remember, some ATMs charge a minimal fee for each Balance Inquiry transaction.
How can I access my GCash account online?
If you don’t prefer to open your GCash account online through your mobile device, another convenient way is to log in to your e-wallet via computer or laptop. It’s ideal for those who use GCash for work or business as it’s more efficient and cost-effective.
All you have to do is download GCash on your computer. But you will need to use Android emulators like BlueStacks so the GCash app can work perfectly on your computer or laptop. By doing so, accessing your GCash account online is possible without a mobile device and running it while doing other things.
What are the GCash features only available in-app?
The GCredit and Pay QR features are only available in the GCash mobile app. Other features are available in the Gcash app, such as Bank Transfer, GInvest, GLoan, GGives, GCash PO, Shop Lifestyle, Glife, A+ Rewards, and GForest.
Can I use my GCash funds without the GCash app?
Yes, you can! Even if you don’t have the GCash app or uninstalled it for whatever reason, you can certainly use your GCash funds for online transactions and Send Money offline via USSD.
Can I check my GCash balance without the GCash app?
To check your GCash balance without using the GCash app, use the USSD code and check your e-wallet balance. You can also check the GCash confirmation text messages sent to your mobile device to see your latest GCash balance.
In summary, GCash is such a convenient e-wallet that provides its users with alternative ways of accessing their accounts. So whether you don’t have internet, lost your phone, or have technical issues, GCash users can ensure access to their account. Nonetheless, ensure that you’re only logging in to credible websites, so your GCash account will be safe and protected from hackers. If you’re still having difficulties, you may contact GCash Customer Service.