If you’re planning to get married soon, you and your partner need to secure a CENOMAR since it’s one of the primary requirements all Filipinos should comply with before marriage. You may also use it for Fiancé Visa application, employment, applying for loans, and claiming benefits. And if you urgently need to secure the said document, read our guide on how to get a CENOMAR in the Philippines.
What is a CENOMAR?
The Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) is a document the Philippine Statistic Authority (PSA) issues verifying that an individual has never contracted any marriage. Also referred to as a Certificate of Singleness, it is a necessary document to secure a marriage license and support other transactions such as applying for Fiancé Visa, loan, and claiming benefits. In short, the person indicated on the CENOMAR is single and can marry without a legal obstruction.
Who is qualified to get a CENOMAR?
The following are the qualified individuals to request a CENOMAR:
- An applicant requesting their CENOMAR
- Authorized Representative
- Ages 18 years old and above
What are the requirements to get a CENOMAR?
To get a CENOMAR in the Philippines, here are the basic requirements to comply with, including:
- Duly accomplished CENOMAR Application Form
- 1-valid ID of the Owner and Authorized Representative
- Authorization Letter (For Representative)
In addition, the following details should be provided during the CENOMAR application:
- CENOMAR’s owner Complete Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Applicant’s Complete Name and Address
- Number of Copies needed
- Purpose of Certification
How much is the fee to get a CENOMAR?
Since there are many ways to get a CENOMAR in the Philippines, each service charges different application fees, including:
- PSA Office- P210/copy
- SM Business Center- P235/copy
- PSA Helpline- P420/copy (fees may apply)
- PSA Serbilis Online- P430/copy (fees may apply)
How to get a CENOMAR in the Philippines?
Via PSA Office
- Visit the nearest PSA office. Book an appointment if necessary.
- Head to the Customer Service Counter to get a CENOMAR Application Form.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Next, proceed to the officer in charge to have your requirements evaluated.
- Once your application is approved, proceed to the cashier to pay the CENOMAR fee of P210.
- Collect your official receipt and go to the releasing area to claim your CENOMAR. You can claim it within the day if requested early.
Via SM Business Center
- Visit the nearest SM Business Center.
- Get and fill out the CENOMAR Application Form. Also, fill out a small request form and indicate the number of CENOMAR copies you need.
- Proceed to the cashier and present your requirements.
- Next, pay the CENOMAR fee of P35 and collect your official receipt. You’ll also receive a claim stub indicating the date of release.
- Return to the SM Business Center on the date of release. Present your valid ID, official receipt, and claim stub. Remember, when claiming someone else CENOMAR bring an Authorization Letter from the owner.
- Then, claim the requested CENOMAR. Also, the average release time in SM Business Center is 7-days.
Via PSA Helpline
- Go to the PSAHelpline.ph website.
- Click Order Now on the homepage.
- Choose CENOMAR on the options.
- Select if requesting My Own CENOMAR or For Someone Else, and click Continue.
- Read the required information and click Continue.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Then, fill out your delivery details and click Continue.
- Select a Payment Method and pay the CENOMAR, courier, and service fees of P420.
- Wait for the delivery of CENOMAR, which is 3-4 working days if within Metro Manila. While 3-8 working days if in Philippine Provinces.
Via PSA Serbilis
- Go to the PSA Serbilis website.
- On the homepage, click CENOMAR.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions and Data Privacy. Then, click Next.
- Fill out the owner’s information and indicate the number of copies needed.
- Choose your relationship with the CENOMAR’s owner. Select SELF if applying for your CENOMAR and click Next.
- Fill out the required details and click Next.
- Review your application request details and click Next.
- On the Acknowledgement page, copy the reference number and click Proceed to Payment.
- Pay the CENOMAR fee of P430.
- Wait for the delivery of CENOMAR, which is 4-6 working days if within Metro Manila and 6-8 working days for other Philippine Provinces.