Want to invest digitally? Then, it’s about time to get into cryptocurrency, like GCyrpto on GCash. It’s a digital currency that serves as a medium of exchange and is an accepted payment method by several merchants worldwide. But how do you get started with GCrypto on GCash?
Read on as we share everything to know about GCrypto on GCash and enjoy cryptocurrency trading through your favorite e-wallet.
What is GCrypto?
On April 23, 2023, GCash launched the GCrypto feature powered by a licensed cryptocurrency exchange in the country called the Philippine Digital Asset Exchange (PDAX). This new feature is a cryptocurrency trading product accessible on the GCash app – one of the Philippines’ most superior mobile wallet and fintech applications.
With GCrypto, users can window-shop, buy, sell, receive, send, and discover varying tokens. According to Michael Mislos, the Editor-in-Chief of BitPinas, GCash has over 70 million users who can directly access the GCrypto feature on the app, allowing them to buy and sell crypto.
Pro Tip: You can also buy cryptocurrency using GCash thru P2P in Binance.
As of April 12, 2023, qualified GCash users can enjoy the following features offered by GCrypto:
- Top up and withdraw thru GCrypto Trading Wallet
- Buy and sell crypto
- Send and receive Blockchain crypto
- Discover crypto
But before we jump straight to the process, here are the following requirements users should meet to open a GCrypto account on the GCash app:
- Should be 18 years old and above
- Users with fully verified GCash account
- Updated user profile information (within the past three (3) years)
- A valid and active email address
Do note you cannot use the GCrypto feature if you don’t meet all the stated requirements above. But if you meet all the requirements and still can’t access the GCrypto feature, the system may be currently down as per GCash. If this is the case, let a few hours pass and try using the GCrypto feature again.
As of writing, qualified users who can access the GCrypto feature can trade 23 varying cryptocurrencies, including:
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Tether (USDT)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Uniswap (UNI)
- Chainlink (LINK)
- Aave (AAVE)
- Basic Attention Token (BAT)
- The Graph Token (GRT)
- Enjin (ENJ)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Avalanche (AVAX)
- Polygon (MATIC)
- Polkadot (DOT)
- Axie Infinity Shards (AXS)
- Smooth Love Potion (SLP)
- Cardano (ADA)
- Solana (SOL)
- Binance Coin (BNB)
- Stellar (XLM)
- SushiSwap (SUSHI)
- Ripple (XRP)
Also, considering GCrypto is powered by PDAX, you can access all the latter’s assets thru GCrypto on GCash.
How to open a GCrypto Account on GCash
Now, let’s proceed with the steps on how to open a GCrypto account on GCash.
- Launch the GCash app.
- Log in to your account by entering the 4-digit MPIN.
- On the GCash homepage, click View All.
- Under Enjoy, select GCrypto on the options.
- Next, tap the Go to GCrypto button.
- Take note some users have to complete the Authentication process. If you do, enter the OTP code sent to your registered mobile number on GCash and click the Submit button.
- Fill out the following required information.
- Review the details you’ve entered and click the Submit button.
- Then, click the Go to GCrypto button.
Once you have registered on GCrypto, you can start buying and selling cryptocurrencies thru the GCash app. But if you can’t proceed to sign up, try again later.