As the world moves towards a more digital lifestyle, we also need to have more connected ways of accessing our digital wallets and using them to their fullest potential. This means being able to send money to your loved ones which they can claim through remittance agents like Palawan Express. Fortunately, this feature is now available for the country’s leading digital wallets.
We’ve covered sending money to Palawan Express via GCash, now let’s go to sending money via PayMaya. With just a few taps on your PayMaya app, your family can now receive your sent amount at the thousands of Palawan Pawnshop branches all over the country. In this article, we share with you the few simple steps of how to send and receive money from PayMaya to Palawan Express.
NOTE: As of this writing, PayMaya’s Send Money to Palawan Pawnshop is currently unavailable until further notice. Visit the PayMaya website for updates on the feature’s availability.
For the sender: Send money to Palawan Express’s PayMaya account
You must first have an Upgraded PayMaya account to be able to send money to a different account as well as unlock all of the PayMaya app’s features. Check out the PayMaya website to learn how to upgrade your account.
- Open and log in to the PayMaya app on your mobile phone.
- From the PayMaya dashboard, tap on the “Send Money” feature.
- Under “Name, Mobile, or Account Number”, input the 16-digit account number of the Palawan Pawnshop branch location of your recipient. Make sure to double-check the inputted account number.
Here are the official Palawan Pawnshop account numbers based on the location of your recipient:
- Luzon: 5577 5194 0831 6108
- Visayas: 5577 5194 0831 3105
- Mindanao: 5577 5194 0831 0101
If you correctly inputted the account number, “Smart Money” will automatically appear as the recipient’s account type.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
You can send a minimum amount of P1,000 and a maximum of P20,000 per transaction with Palawan Express.
- You can also add an optional message for your transaction. It is wise to include some details in your message, like your recipient’s name and purpose of the transaction.
- Tap “Continue”. Confirm the transaction details, and tap “Send”.
Your PayMaya account will be deducted the total amount of the remitted amount plus a service fee of 1.5% of the remitted amount.
- Wait for the SMS confirmation for your transaction, which includes the reference number. Forward the SMS to your recipient or text the reference number which they will use to remit the money at a Palawan Pawnshop Branch.
For the recipient: Receive the sent amount via Palawan Express
You can pick up the sent amount at any Palawan Pawnshop or Palawan Express Pera Padala branch. Make sure to wait at least two hours after the transaction has been processed before claiming your money.
- Receive the reference number from your sender.
- Go to your nearest Palawan Pawnshop branch to pick up the sent amount.
Claiming of remittance sent via PayMaya is only available at Palawan Pawnshop and Palawan Express Pera Padala branches. It is NOT available at Palawan Express’s authorized agents and remittance partners like LBC, SM Supermarkets, or Robinsons Department Stores.
- Approach the service personnel and inform them that you would like to claim money via PayMaya/Smart Money.
- Provide the personnel with your mobile number and your reference number along with one valid government ID as proof of transaction.
You may be asked by the personnel to show the forwarded SMS confirming the transaction. Make sure to bring your phone in case it is required by the personnel.
- If all is well, collect your claimed amount.
Some things to remember
In light of the coronavirus outbreak and the community quarantine guidelines in your area, some Palawan Pawnshop branches may be closed and out of service until further notice. Some branches are open but operate with a skeleton crew and/or have shorter service hours. Check out Palawan Pawnshop’s Facebook page to get updates on the availability of your nearest branch.
Because of the branch’s strained work terms, slower service and delays must be expected. Remember to stay courteous and respectful of the service and other customers even in this trying time. Additionally, always practice social distancing measures when transacting inside the Palawan Pawnshop branch.
PayMaya’s Send Money feature to Palawan Express truly makes sending money as convenient as ever, without ever having to leave the house. Claiming the remittance is also super accessible, because your recipient can claim the money at any of Palawan Express’s thousands of branches all over the Philippines. If you need a way to send money that is quick, easy, and hassle-free, consider sending money to Palawan Express via PayMaya.