Earlier this year, on March 8, 2021 to be exact — the Dito Telecommunity Corporation, better known as “DITO,” started its commercial operations in the Philippines. Since then, the company has reached a total of 2 million subscribers… and counting. Without a doubt, DITO is living up to its label as “the third major telecommunications provider” in the country.
Are you interested in trying out DITO’s services? If so, then keep on reading because in this article, we will talk about the company and its current main product: the DITO SIM.
What is DITO?
Before anything else, let’s talk a little bit more about the company first. Previously, DITO was known as Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company, Inc. or Mislatel. On July 8, 2019, it was renamed as Dito Telecommunity Corporation, or simply, DITO.
In case you were wondering, the name DITO comes from the Filipino word “dito,” which means “here.” When the company’s stakeholders were asked about where they would establish a firm that provides world-class service, they replied “dito” — and the rest is history.
As of August 2021, DITO is available at 12 provinces in Luzon, three in Visayas, and eight in Mindanao… for a total of 23 out of 81 provinces in the Philippines. By 2022, the company is planning to expand and offer high-speed broadband Internet, aside from the DITO SIM.
DITO SIM Card Features
Speaking of the DITO SIM, you can buy it through the DITO app, DITO eShop, DITO Experience Stores, Shopee, Lazada, and other retail partner stores. It is currently available in three packages, each with its own amount of mobile data and validity period:
- DITO SIM worth PHP40. This card comes with 1GB of mobile data and is valid for 7 days.
- DITO SIM worth PHP139. This card comes with DITO 99 promo and is valid for 30 days.
- DITO SIM worth PHP199. This card comes with 25GB of mobile data and is valid for 30 days.
Notably, the DITO SIM card worth PHP199 also includes unlimited DITO-to-DITO calls, unlimited texts to all networks, and 300 minutes of calls to other networks. Cool!
Activating Your DITO SIM
Let’s say that you have just bought a DITO SIM card. How do you activate it? Simply follow these steps:
- Download and install the DITO app. The DITO app may be downloaded from the App Store or Google Play. You can use this app to buy load, register to promos, check your balance, contact customer service, and much more.
- Insert the DITO SIM card. If your phone happens to have dual SIM slots, be sure to put the DITO SIM card in the SIM 1 slot.
- Turn on Voice over LTE (VoLTE). This enables users to make clearer calls. Simply turn on your phone’s mobile data, go to Settings, Connections, then click Mobile Networks. Look for “VoLTE calls” and turn it on. Take note that the settings may differ for each phone. You might find it under Cellular Network, Call Settings, or other similar headings.
- Change Access Point Names (APN) settings. If you are unable to access mobile data service after following the above steps, then you may need to change your APN settings. Simply go to Settings, Connection, then click Mobile Networks. Select “Access Point Names,” click the Add button, type “internet.dito.ph,” then click OK to save.
- You will receive a welcome text message from DITO. The message will also contain a link for downloading the DITO app, as well as your initial log in password.
- Download and log in to the DITO app. Open the DITO app and click “Sign in with your DITO number” using the initial log in password given earlier.
That’s it! You have just finished activating your DITO SIM card. You can now use it to make calls, send texts, surf the Internet, and much, much more!
Welcome to DITO!
Now that you have learned all about DITO, how would you like to try its service for yourself? For more information about the DITO SIM, please visit the company’s official website at https://dito.ph/ and Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/DITOphofficial. For inquiries, you may call their Customer Hotline 185, or send an email to email@example.com.